ITM University is back! Over the years, ITM TwentyFirst University has provided continuing education to thousands of Trustees, Fiduciaries, and Wealth Advisors. It is now back with a new slate of webinars providing relevant information you can use right now. The course topics will include real life case studies that can be applied to day to day situations. Subject matter is designed to help Advisors, Trustees, and Fiduciaries provide better guidance and assistance to clients. Our faculty consists of sought after presenters who are experts in their related fields. The courses are free and will carry Continuing Education (CE) credits for CFP® and CTFA. Explore webinar topics and register below.
Upcoming Course Schedule
12 Things to Do While Managing ILITs During a Pandemic
Leon Wessels, Life Insurance Trust Company and John Barkhurst, ITM TwentyFirst
For most corporate and professional trustees, the life insurance trust and policy administration landscape has changed drastically in recent months. As a trustee, are you confident that your life insurance trusts are being managed properly in light of business continuity plans and work from home models? This webinar will highlight the things you should be focused on right now to manage trust owned life insurance during this challenging time.
- Understand why your fiduciary responsibilities are more crucial now than ever.
- Pick up some tips to ensure accurate and timely trust administration.
- Know what steps to take immediately on certain policies in your portfolio.
- Learn how the insurance companies are dealing with this pandemic and how servicing is impacted.
- Realize the importance of proactive client communication.
All ILIT fiduciaries, as well as compliance and risk management professionals, should attend this timely and relevant session.
Wednesday, April 29, 2020 – 1:00 pm central
An Insider’s Guide to Life Insurance in a Challenging Environment
Michael Brohawn, Your Life Insurance Solutions
A decade-plus of historic low interest rates and a financial crisis unlike any we have seen before has negatively impacted life insurance. Do you know why and what you can do to deal with it? You will if you take part in this fast-paced webinar. By attending, you will:
- Learn which policies will be most affected and how to manage them effectively going forward.
- Discover one thing every trustee should always do to limit risk.
- Understand how low interest rates stress policies, why it may get worse, and what you should do about it right now.
- Be able to put into place simple processes that will minimize your liability – now and in the future.
- Receive a TOLI Trustee Guide for future reference.
While this session is designed for TOLI Trustees, it will be time well spent for any Attorney, CPA, or Wealth Advisor that has clients with life insurance.
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 – 1:00 pm central
Minimizing Trustee Liability in a Changing Market
Judith Pearson, Nomadx Solutions
Risk management is always more challenging in a volatile environment, especially in a society that has grown more litigious. Learn how to minimize your liability by taking a few simple steps.
- The trust world has become rich with opportunity. Learn how to navigate this complex market while dodging landmines of personal liability.
- Understand how changing laws and trust structures impact risk analysis.
- Discover how to apply guidelines to internal roles and responsibilities to mitigate liability.
- Learn the steps you need to take to protect yourself during this evolutionary time.
- Uncover the most common holes in your existing risk management coverage.
All fiduciaries, as well as compliance and risk management professionals, should attend this important session.